‘Faith and The Environment’ is an ideal conference for anyone interested in environmental issues and who want to learn more.
The Diocese is holding a one day conference on Saturday 6 October at Holy Trinity Church in Sittingbourne, entitled ‘Faith and The Environment.’ It’s ideal for anyone interested in environmental issues and who want to learn more.
- Book by 31 August for discounted tickets
The day will provide a Christian perspective on caring for creation, with speakers including Ruth Valerio who is the Global Advocacy and Influencing Director for Tear Fund; Ruth Knight, the Environmental Policy Officer for the Church of England and Esther Stewart, from the National Stewardship Team of the Church of England. Talks will cover such topics as:
- Working towards an environmental sustainability within our churches
- Eco Church: the A Rocha UK project and award scheme
- ‘Laudato Si’ Pope Francis’ encyclical on the environment and human ecology
- The Parish Buying Scheme – designed to help save the church time and money
- Climate Change – including the Faith for the Climate Network
- Kent’s God’s Acre Project
Information about Eco Church will be available along with guidance on the actions that can be taken in greening your church and your personal life as well as opportunities to share good practice.
Teresa Redfern, the Diocesan Environment Officer said that this is thought to be the first conference of its kind in Kent. “We hope that everyone can learn from the fantastic speakers we have on the day as well as having the opportunity to chat with others and share good practice,” she said.
Ticket prices include a vegan lunch, supplied by Potato Tomato and Compassion Cakes – based in Whitstable.
- The conference is from 9.30am to 4pm and will be held at Holy Trinity Church, Church St, Sittingbourne ME10 3EG. Holy Trinity is ideally located in the centre of Sittingbourne and is easily accessible from both the train station and local bus links. There are a number of car parks within walking distance.
- The conference is open to everyone but spaces are limited.
- Tickets (to include lunch):
– Early Bird tickets (before 31st August): £20
– Standard tickets (from 1st Sept): £25
(Bursaries available – please enquire)
- For more information and to book please contact Karen Adams via email or call 01227 459401.
- Alternatively book online (please note that booking via this link will incur booking fees).