Parish Secretaries are elected by parish members at the Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) and hold a vital role including sending out notices of meetings, preparing reports for meetings, and taking accurate minutes of meetings. They are also expected to deal with correspondence, keep a check on the parish diary, remain up-to-date with what is going on in the parish and the diocese, and be able to brief the Chair of the PCC.
Resources & Support
- PCC Secretaries Handbook
- Guidance for the Conduct of Annual Parish and Annual Parochial Church Meetings
- The number of electors on the Church Electoral Roll
- PCC remuneration guidance
- Other forms can be found on the Parish Resources website here
- Parish Officer Return guidance