The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect in the UK from 25 May 2018. It replaces the existing law on data protection (the Data Protection Act 1998) and gives individuals more rights and protection in how their personal data is used by organisations. Parishes must comply with its requirements, just like any other charity or organisation.
To help parishes ensure they are compliant with GDPR, we are offering three training sessions around the Diocese, one in each Archdeaconry. This training will be helpful for PCC members, especially clergy and PCC Treasurers. The sessions will run from 7-9pm on the following dates: 12 April in Ashford, 19 April in Canterbury and 23 April in Maidstone. Please follow the links to book.
For GDPR enquiries, please contact Anna Drew (Diocesan Data Protection Officer) via 01227 459401 or by email.
For queries relating to occasional offices and legal requirements, contact The General Register Office for England and Wales: 03001231837, website www.gro.gov.uk.
- GDPR Presentation April 2018
- GDPR Presentation Handout April 2018
- GDPR Checklist
- Parish Data Audit Form
- Care of Parish Records: National Guidance (2008)
- Safeguarding & GDPR: National Guidance
- Parish Consent Form Template
- Parish Privacy Notice Template (Non Role Holders)
- Parish Privacy Notice Template (Role Holders)
- Template Baptism Contact Form
- DPIA Checklist