The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect in the UK from 25 May 2018. It replaces the existing law on data protection (the Data Protection Act 1998) and gives individuals more rights and protection in how their personal data is used by organisations. Parishes must comply with its requirements, just like any other charity or organisation.
For GDPR enquiries, please contact Anna Drew (Diocesan Data Protection Officer) via 01227 459401 or by email.
For queries relating to occasional offices and legal requirements, contact The General Register Office for England and Wales: 03001231837, website www.gro.gov.uk.
- GDPR Presentation April 2018
- GDPR Presentation Handout April 2018
- GDPR Checklist
- Parish Data Audit Form
- Care of Parish Records: National Guidance (2008)
- Save or Delete – The Care of Diocesan Records
- Safeguarding & GDPR: National Guidance
- Parish Consent Form Template
- Parish Privacy Notice Template (Non Role Holders)
- Parish Privacy Notice Template (Role Holders)
- Template Baptism Contact Form
- DPIA Checklist