Date(s) - Thursday, 23rd April, 2020
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Canterbury Cathedral Lodge
16th October 2019 Charing C of E Primary School, School Road, Ashford 1:30pm – 4:30pm
9th December 2019 Charing C of E Primary School, School Road, Ashford 1:30pm – 4:30pm
20th March 2020 Charing C of E Primary School, School Road, Ashford 1:30pm – 4:30pm
23rd April 2020 Canterbury Cathedral and Education Centre 1:30pm – 4.30pm
19th June 2020 Charing C of E Primary School, School Road, Ashford 1:30pm – 4:30pm
Audience: Schools Direct Students
Course Leader: Rebecca Swansbury
Cost: CSC Free Non-CSC £250
There will be 5 sessions spread out across the academic year to support Schools Direct or PGCE students, deepening their understanding of working and teaching in a Church of England school community. There is an expectation that each student attends all 5 of the sessions.
Sessions will include:
- What does it mean to work in a Church of England school? What does it mean to be distinctively Christian? What is a Section 48 inspection?
- Great RE teaching and learning (input on Understanding Christianity and the Kent Agreed syllabus)
- Planning effective RE lessons.
- Using religious artefacts and planning a trip to religious buildings (visit to Canterbury Cathedral and education centre)
- Children’s spirituality and spiritual styles.
- Leading and planning Collective worship
Please book online using the hyperlink above
For further information or to discuss any of the areas above please contact Rebecca Swansbury