Date(s) - Monday, 9th December, 2019
1:30 pm - 4:30 pm
16th October 2019 Charing C of E Primary School, School Road, Ashford 1:30pm – 4:30pm
9th December 2019 Charing C of E Primary School, School Road, Ashford 1:30pm – 4:30pm
20th March 2020 Charing C of E Primary School, School Road, Ashford 1:30pm – 4:30pm
23rd April 2020 Canterbury Cathedral and Education Centre 1:30pm – 4.30pm
19th June 2020 Charing C of E Primary School, School Road, Ashford 1:30pm – 4:30pm
Audience: Schools Direct Students
Course Leader: Rebecca Swansbury
Cost: CSC Free Non-CSC £250
There will be 5 sessions spread out across the academic year to support Schools Direct or PGCE students, deepening their understanding of working and teaching in a Church of England school community. There is an expectation that each student attends all 5 of the sessions.
Sessions will include:
- What does it mean to work in a Church of England school? What does it mean to be distinctively Christian? What is a Section 48 inspection?
- Great RE teaching and learning (input on Understanding Christianity and the Kent Agreed syllabus)
- Planning effective RE lessons.
- Using religious artefacts and planning a trip to religious buildings (visit to Canterbury Cathedral and education centre)
- Children’s spirituality and spiritual styles.
- Leading and planning Collective worship
Please book online using the hyperlink above
For further information or to discuss any of the areas above please contact Rebecca Swansbury
Bookings are closed for this event.