Date(s) - Thursday, 5th April, 2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The Abbey School, Faversham
This workshop was developed in 2016 by the National Stewardship & Resources Team for churchwardens, PCC members, Treasurers, clergy, Building Committee Members, Project Managers and others involved in starting a building project in your church or church hall.
In a process which involves a lot of money, a lot of time and some changes to your church building, avoiding some of the common pitfalls is not just a question of using your common sense.
Attending this workshop will help you to benefit from the collective wisdom of experts and of people who have been involved in successful projects in the past. By focussing on the main questions, it will help you to find and work with professionals effectively to achieve your church’s goals.
We will focus on six big questions:
- How do you get project scope right and to budget?
- What organisations do you need to involve and how do you work with them effectively?
- How do you organise and how do you find the right professionals?
- The practical processes and things to avoid – what are they?
- What must you do, and what ought you to do?
- Raising the money – how do you budget it and how not to waste it?
Cost per delegate is £15 – this covers the training and materials, the venue and the refreshments which includes lunch.
Bookings are closed for this event.