The Funeral and Bereavement course is open to ALM Pastoral Assistants, ALM Worship Leaders and to Readers/Licensed Lay Ministers. Training consists of an induction evening with training ministers, 6 x (2 hour) sessions and a period of in-parish experience of funerals and bereavement visiting. The course requires a commitment from the incumbent / training minister to oversee and evaluate the student’s progress and readiness for participation in funeral ministry, as well as supporting the student through the course.
Induction Session for Students and Training Ministers
- Session 1: Death – What is it and what does it mean in our lives?
- Session 2: Before the funeral
- Session 3: The Funeral – (A time of practical experience in the parish)
- Session 4: Reflection on parish experience
- Session 5: Resources for funerals
- Session 6: Mourning and grief
16 Students are currently studying in Ashford. If you would like to register an interest in the 2020 course please contact Marianne Hambrook, firstname.lastname@example.org
* As with all courses sessions are subject to development and change.