A one stop shop with resources for growing churches, reimagining ministry and building community partnerships
Whether you are in a church role or not, the learning opportunities described below offer us help to find support, skills and confidence on our journeys of discipleship and ministry.
Some training is focused on supporting particular roles, others more generally towards leadership, mission and ministry development.
If you would like to be on our EfM mailing list please register here.
Exploring discipleship and calling
- Bespoke training – finding the learning relevant to your churches ministry needs
- Capital fundraising – workshops on different aspects of fundraising and writing bids.
- Community Engagement – Sessions designed for churches to engage with their local community better
- Facilitation for churches and teams – facilitators available for PCCs/church teams to work towards a vision, team building, MAPing, etc.
- Growing Ministry Together – a conversation kit for churches to become a more vocational environment
- Know your church, know your community – six sessions for church groups to listen and respond to the real needs in their local community
- Missional Learning Communities – a process of churches joining together to work towards missional projects in a more intentional and comprehensive way. Contact Steve Coneys firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stewardship and Generosity – bespoke sessions on developing and encouraging a culture of generosity.
Development and support for specific ministries
- ALM Scheme – the Authorised for Lay Ministry scheme is a way of discerning and recognising ministry in the local church
- Churchwardens – annual training for new and experienced church wardens
- Clergy – training and development opportunities for clergy
- Clergy Wellbeing – support for clergy and their families
- Funeral and Bereavement Ministry – course run every other year for ALMs and Readers
- Fellow Pilgrims (Ministry with children and young people)– Courses and events including: Spirituality, Café Style Church, Godly Play, Theology and Intergenerational Church.
- Healing and Wholeness Ministry – courses run through the Living Well
- Initial Ministerial Education 2 (IME2) – the training programme for curates is run in collaboration with the Diocese of Rochester and Chichester, and with St Augustine’s College of Theology https://staugustinescollege.ac.uk/
- Lent Course support – potential materials and leadership training offered annually
- Pastoral Assistant ministry – course runs every other year, particularly designed for those exercising ALM Pastoral Assistant ministry/deanery bespoke opportunities/material for local courses
- Parish administrators – annual training event and networking opportunities
- PCC Secretaries – skills training available to help new and experienced secretaries
- PCC Treasurers – skills training available to help new and experienced treasurers
- Reader (Licensed Lay) Minister – a nationally recognised Lay Ministry for lay people whose calling to the wider church has been discerned
- Safeguarding – training required for every level of safeguarding
- School governor, teacher and Head teacher training – brochure listing all training opportunities
- Spiritual Accompaniers – opportunities for any seeking to progress on their spiritual journey
- Supervision Training Programme – A two by one week residential. Part 1: Vicar as Learner; Part 2: Vicar as Leader for Incumbents new to Incumbency and/or new to the diocese by invitation Contact Marianne Hambrook email@example.com
- Training Incumbents – there is an ongoing programme of training and development opportunities overseen by the Ministry Development Officer
- Worship Leading ministry – course run every other year, particularly designed for those exercising ALM Worship Leading ministry /deanery bespoke opportunities/ material for local courses
Development for church leaders and teams
- Bishops Days– one day per year sponsored by the bishop for the development of church leaders
- Creative Mission Forum – opportunities 2 or 3 times a year to share stories, experience and learning around fresh expressions of church and mission initiatives. Steve Coneys firstname.lastname@example.org
- Working with Conflict – Two day course with 4 Action learning sets following based on Bridgebuilders materials to help church leaders engage more wisely with conflict. Contact Marianne Hambrook email@example.com