ALM (Authorised Lay Ministry) training is quality introductory level training in a range of church ministries to equip students to confidently develop their ministry with the support and guidance of their incumbent and parish.
We currently offer the following ALM modules:
- Worship Leader
- Pastoral Assistant
- Healing and Wholeness
- Fellow Pilgrims (Ministry with Children and Youth)
- Funeral and Bereavement – this module is only open to existing ALM Pastoral Assistants, Worship Leaders and Licenced Readers.
- Mission Shaped Ministry*
Electives only run when there is a sufficient level of interest expressed. As a result some electives are run annually and others less frequently. If you would like more information on the ALM programme or would like to register an interest studying an ALM module please contact Holly Adams email@example.com or read the Course Leaflet.
Individuals who wish to enrol on a course but do not wish to be authorised ALM at the end are welcome to apply to our courses as ‘non-ALMs’. These applicants are still required to complete a DBS check but other ALM pre-requisites are waived (such as Deepening Discipleship and PCC Sponsorship).
*In the past we have offered a ‘Mission Enabler’ elective. This was replaced with the Mission Shaped Ministry course – a national initiate which Canterbury and Rochester dioceses have run jointly with ecumenical partners for nearly ten years. The course runs annually and takes a different structure to our ALM courses; teams from Canterbury Diocese churches can apply for funding. Find out more about the msm course here.
A Fellow Pilgrims course is currently running in Ashford, with 13 attendees. An ALM Funeral and Bereavement course* is now being offered with a commencement date of 12th September 2017. Please click on the links to down load an application form and course date sheet. The deadline for applications is 17th July.
* This is a follow-on ALM course for those who are either ALM Pastoral Assistants, ALM Worship Leaders or Readers.
2018 Courses – Advance Notice
We are looking to run ALM courses in Healing and Wholeness and Worship Leading in the spring / summer of 2018. To register interest please contact Holly Adams on firstname.lastname@example.org
Top-Up Training Sessions
Since 2015 we have been running two-hour one off top-up sessions for ALMs (and others interested) in a variety of topics. The programme for 2017 is below:
- 18th July 2017: How to help your Church to become Autism Friendly, 7.00-9.00pm, West Faversham Community Centre, book here
- 14th September 2017: Resources for Worship Leading, 7.00-9.00pm, Godmersham and Crundale Village Hall, book here
- 19th October 2017: Leading intercessions, 7.00-9.00pm, Diocesan House, Canterbury, book here
- 15th November 2017: Sharing our faith through evangelism, 7.00-9.00pm, St Mary’s Church, Ashford, book here
We hope you will be as excited by this programme as we are. Please encourage others who might be interested to book a place on courses which might be relevant to them – all are welcome including clergy, curates, readers, ALMs or members of church congregations.
www.allageworshipresources.org is a new site full of free resources. It includes full All-Age Services, Shorter Services, Short Talks, Seasonal Services, Dramas, Puppet Scripts and more.
Twitter: @aawresources Facebook: allageworshipresources.org
Do take a look!