ALM (Authorised Lay Ministry) training is quality introductory level training in a range of church ministries to equip students to confidently develop their ministry with the support and guidance of their incumbent and parish.
We currently offer the following ALM modules:
- Worship Leader
- Pastoral Assistant
- Healing and Wholeness
- Fellow Pilgrims
- Funeral and Bereavement – this module is only open to existing ALM Pastoral Assistants, Worship Leaders and Licenced Readers.
- Mission Shaped Ministry*
Electives only run when there is a sufficient level of interest expressed. As a result some electives are run annually and others less frequently. If you would like more information on the ALM programme or would like to register an interest studying an ALM module please contact Holly Adams firstname.lastname@example.org or read the Course Leaflet.
Individuals who wish to enrol on a course but do not wish to be authorised ALM at the end are welcome to apply to our courses as ‘non-ALMs’. These applicants are still required to complete a DBS check but other ALM pre-requisites are waived (such as Deepening Discipleship and PCC Sponsorship).
*In the past we have offered a ‘Mission Enabler’ elective. This was replaced with the Mission Shaped Ministry course – a national initiate which Canterbury and Rochester dioceses have run jointly with ecumenical partners for nearly ten years. The course runs annually and takes a different structure to our ALM courses; teams from Canterbury Diocese churches can apply for funding. Find out more about the msm course here.
2017 courses currently open for applications
We are currently taking applications for a Healing and Wholeness course which is running from April to October 2017 on Tuesday nights in Canterbury and a Fellow Pilgrims Course (Ministry with Children and Youth).
Top-Up Training Sessions
Since 2015 we have been running two-hour one off top-up sessions for ALMs (and others interested) in a variety of topics. The programme for 2017 is below, bookings will be open in the new year and details regarding dates and venues will be updated and complete:
- 26th April 2017: Baptismal Visiting, 7.00-9.00pm, Seasalter Christian Centre, book here
- 9th May 2017: Facing our prejudice: Children and Young People, 7.00-9.00pm, Kenningston, St Mary’s church hall, book here
- 17th June 2017: Church in a Café Style, 10.00am-3.00pm, Little Chart Church, book here
- 18th July 2017: How to help your Church to become Autism Friendly, 7.00-9.00pm, West Faversham Community Centre, book here
- 14th September 2017: Resources for Worship Leading, 7.00-9.00pm, Godmersham and Crundale Village Hall, book here
- 19th October 2017: Leading intercessions, 7.00-9.00pm, Diocesan House, Canterbury, book here
- 15th November 2017: Sharing our faith through evangelism, 7.00-9.00pm, St Mary’s Church, Ashford, book here
We hope you will be as excited by this programme as we are. Please encourage others who might be interested to book a place on courses which might be relevant to them – all are welcome including clergy, curates, readers, ALMs or members of church congregations.
www.allageworshipresources.org is a new site full of free resources. It includes full All-Age Services, Shorter Services, Short Talks, Seasonal Services, Dramas, Puppet Scripts and more.
Twitter: @aawresources Facebook: allageworshipresources.org
Do take a look!